Track in-service and firearms training online.
Training management for police officers and more
World-class law enforcement agencies need world-class training to hone specific skills and develop their knowledge of crime prevention. The SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System improves this continuous process by centralizing and automating so much of the work that goes into the administration of law enforcement training. The result is typical of any workforce that’s aligned with its overarching goals, returning police officers to the field better equipped to handle the challenges they face on a daily basis.
SyberWorks training management at a glance
For many industries, SyberWorks creates flexible, scalable training management systems that streamline all aspects of employee training and professional development. Using web-based software, SyberWorks allows businesses to easily create training regimens to be delivered online. It also allows for the editing, organization and delivery of all related content – from lectures and instructional videos to quizzes and surveys – within one system.
No matter their line of work, SyberWorks users see benefits from this centralized training management system:
- More effective employee onboarding and continuing training programs.
- Efficient tracking of certifications and progress toward advancement.
- Easier creation, editing and delivery of class content.
- Cohesive design that matches the appearance of pre-existing enterprise intranet software.
- Security features to protect confidential information.
Features for law enforcement training
Perhaps more than any other job, the skills required of police officers and the staff who support them are constantly evolving. To meet the needs of today’s police officers and law enforcement agencies, the SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System offers several features specifically tailored to the work these organizations complete every day:
Firearms registration and qualification
- Identify which weapons are assigned to which officers.
- Identify which officers are due to qualify on specific weapons.
- Manage range activity.
- Record range qualification data.
- Create item profiles.
- Manage multiple inventory locations.
- Track equipment assignment to officers as well as the final disposition such as returned, transferred or lost.
- Run reports on inventory assignment and all inventory activities.
- Record attendance and manage action items for regular roll-call meetings.
- Organize notes related to relevant meeting topics and discussion.
- Keep transcripts and other documents compiled and ready for court proceedings or other official meetings.
- Certify that any training document delivered to officers or administrators has been reviewed.
- Set up alerts or reminders for uncompleted tasks that can be sent to specific individuals.
- Allow supervisors to see who needs to complete specific tasks in real time.
- Create questionnaires to assess quality and efficacy of training courses.
- Compile survey data to quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of a particular program.
- Generate reports based on survey findings.
- Create performance observation forms and report on the ratings over time.
Records and transcripts
- Track training progress on any officer, including cross-departmental courses and classes held in another location.
- Store training certificates as secure image files for easy retrieval and safe long-term storage.
- Keep tabs on recertification dates or training expiration, then schedule new classes accordingly.
Training Request Administration
- Create any multi-step approval process for off-site training.
- Gather data on the training request including upload of any course description or related data.
- Keep track of training expenses including tuition, travel, etc.
- Keep track of training hours including required overtime or backfill hours.
- Automatically notify approvers when action is required.
- Automatically notify the employee as to whether the request is approved or denied.
To meet the demands of law enforcement officials, SyberWorks implements robust learning management and document management solutions tailored to many specific needs.
- All records and backup copies can be stored securely online, reducing turnaround time for audits while maintaining a comprehensive paper trail.
- Version control provides a detailed audit trail, along with time stamps and electronic signatures, to speed up the reporting process.
- Security features like time-out enforcement, password authentication and system validation keep sensitive data secure.
Turning better training into better performance
The SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System helps supervisors stay current on job training and certification. It provides leaders with a complete view of gaps that might exist in documentation, helping them develop more efficient workflows for training certification. Most importantly, it serves as a valuable asset for increasing productivity at all levels of the organization.
With these and many other features, the SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System helps the staff at law enforcement agencies everywhere attain the highest level of success. Just as in any other industry, better training management systems allow for stronger alignment between members of the organization. They also contribute to reduced costs associated with onboarding and certification. Through more robust and flexible training programs, departments can reduce risks related to regulatory compliance, another aspect of the job that’s subject to constant change.
Addressing the need for a variety of different skills in any one department or office, the SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System provides comprehensive law enforcement-specific solutions. Adopting a scalable system to oversee training implementation offers several immediate benefits:
- Easing the creation and management of a complicated, interdependent skills matrix for an entire organization.
- Intuitive management of certification records and course documents.
- Higher productivity, operational success and team cohesion.
The SyberWorks Law Enforcement Training Management System gives your organization the tools to meet and exceed expectations. Contact SyberWorks today to learn more.
The SyberWorks Police Training Management System© is a robust and flexible, SCORM/AICC-compliant, web-based technology that manages and tracks all aspects of a law-enforcement agency’s training requirements. The system is highly scalable and lets a department start with a small pilot project and then easily upgrade to a department, town-, or even city-wide solution. It generates stimulating and measurable e-Learning over the web or department Intranets, while also managing academy training, in-service training, specialized training, computer-based training, and web-based learning.
The system is customized with the look and feel of the department’s own website or intranet. Its companion tool, the SyberWorks Web Author, allows administrators to create web-ready courses from doc files, add interactivity with sound and animation, and create tests. SyberWorks also provides departments with iSpring©, a tool that lets you convert PowerPoint© presentations into Flash© movies that can be quickly loaded into the SyberWorks Police Training Management System.
Police Training System Features
Records and Transcripts
Training officers and supervisors can generate customized reports instantly with the click of a mouse. Since officers and other personnel often attend training all over the state or country, the system also allows training officers and supervisors to upload and store training certificates. Once the training certificate is converted into a .jpg, .pdf, or .doc file, it is easily uploaded into the system. The SyberWorks Police Training Management System can automatically note any exceptions that exclude an officer from training, like a back injury or some other issue. The system may also be configured to recognize critical recertification dates, send email and system reminders about upcoming training events, and identify divisional or department-wide training needs.
Firearms Training and Certification
Training officers can both plan and track firearms qualifications. All department firearms can be tracked within the system. It can identify which officers are due for specific firearms qualifications and recertifications. These recertifications are then dispensed in conjunction with an officer’s existing schedule, and recertification reminders are sent by email or through the training management system.
Less-Lethal Weapons and Equipment Management
Organizations can track and manage other types of less-lethal weapons and equipment used by officers, and any extra training associated with those items. Less-lethal weapons and equipment types can be organized by group, department, or the department’s organizational hierarchy. The system makes it easy to prepare for meetings, because supervisors can immediately pull reports to track their stock levels.
A long-running “Roll Call” class type is used to record attendance, observe the status of assignments, and document daily roll-call topics and activity. Once it has been recorded, this information is stored and is available on an officer’s transcript. Transcript information also can be filtered by learning-event type and activity, so training officers can quickly create documents with the information they need for court proceedings or meetings.
An Online Survey Tool allows training officers to collect immediate feedback about training materials and sessions. All responses are stored in the Training Management System database for reporting purposes. Training officers can track how results have changed over time because the dates of survey responses are automatically stored in the database. Surveys can also be tailored to a department’s organizational structure, taking into account various levels of authority, so training officers or other authorized personnel can see how results vary by rank, office, division, or bureau. The Online Survey Tool has six question types: short answer, long answer, single select, multiple select, text block, and Likert scale. Training officers and supervisors create and edit questions easily with intuitive drop-down boxes. Surveys can be made public or private and results can be edited if necessary.
Read-and-Sign function certifies that vital information sent by training officers and administrators has been read and reviewed by all members of the police department. Alerts are sent through the system, or by email, that users must “read and sign” these materials. Superiors can see in real time who has done so and who has not. The information is archived to individual training records, so a supervisor can run reports to see which officers and personnel have complied with the directive.
Rules-Based Training Approval Process
If an officer requests or is required to attend training, the request can be automatically approved or follow a preconfigured approval path, which can be tracked and managed through the system. A series of email and system notifications are sent to various supervisors to streamline the approval process.
The SyberWorks Police Training Management System has an add-on Academy Scheduling Module that is perfect for large law enforcement agencies and municipalities which run their own police academies. The SyberWorks Academy Scheduling Module manages academy training and scheduling. It integrates operations seamlessly with the SyberWorks Police Training Management System. The application can be configured to an academy’s set of organizational constraints. Each constraint is customizable to the agencies training requirements.
Various sets of skills can be assigned to different ranks, job roles, and training classes. As an officer completes training, the system tracks their progress and can be configured to provide a personal learning and development plan. An officer can access their personal learning and development plan at anytime to see what types of training they may need, in order to get promoted and progress in their ranks.