SyberWorks is committed to protecting your privacy and earning your trust. SyberWorks does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. This policy discloses the privacy practices for the SyberWorks Web site. We use the information we collect about you from the SyberWorks Web site to process orders and maintain a relationship with you throughout the use of our products and services. This policy explains how your personal information is protected. It is our intent to give you as much control as possible over your privacy and personal information and the use we make of it in our business. This policy is subject to change, so please check back from time to time to stay informed.
What kinds of personal information does SyberWorks collect?
In general, you can visit SyberWorks on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We ask for information from you in several ways from different parts of our Web site.
- We ask for personal information from you when you become a registered user of a trial version of SyberWorks Training Center. You are required to register to receive a user ID and password to be able to access and try out the features of SyberWorks Training Center. At that time, SyberWorks asks for certain required information such as your name, e-mail address, and other information to process and fulfill your request. We also request certain other optional information that will help us meet your learning management system needs. We will let you know what information is optional, and you decide whether or not you want to provide that information.
- In the course of using our site, we automatically track certain information about you. This information includes what type of browser you are using. This information may include the URL that you just came from and the next URL you go to, regardless of whether these URLs are on our Web site or not. It also includes your IP address. SyberWorks uses this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us refine and improve the design and layout of our SyberWorks site and the user experience.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also periodically ask users for feedback that we use to improve our service and products and add new features. If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response.
- We also collect IP addresses for system administration.
How does SyberWorks use my information?
We collect personal information to help us provide you a high quality user experience, and to aid SyberWorks in understanding our customers better. SyberWorks does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- The personal information you choose to give us allows SyberWorks to process and fulfill your request for a free trial of the SyberWorks Training Center. We would also use that information should you choose to order our products and services to process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status.
- We use the personal information you give us to provide you with up-to-date information about SyberWorks products and services.
- We may use the information we collect to notify you from time to time about important functionality changes to the Web site, new SyberWorks services and products, and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- When you provide us with personal information to enter a contest or promotion sponsored by SyberWorks or its partners, we use this information to administer the contest and notify winners. We store all information relating to such contests and promotions.
- We will deliver targeted advertisements or promotions to our customers using the personal information you give us. We do not allow advertisers to have access to individual account information. These advertisements are usually banner ads and promotional e-mails.
- We also research our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you give us in our online survey tool. We compile and analyze this information on an aggregate or anonymous basis.
- We use the IP addresses we collect to report aggregate or anonymous information to our advertisers.
Who collects information?
When you supply personal information on a SyberWorks site, you share that information only with SyberWorks unless you are specifically told otherwise. If a company other than SyberWorks is gathering or maintaining your personal data from our Web site, you will be told before it is collected or transferred. You can always choose not to share the information.
When companies other than SyberWorks sponsor promotions, data collected on the SyberWorks site in connection with these promotions may be shared with the sponsor. Once again, if this is the case, you will be notified before the data is collected or transferred, and you can decide not to participate. Most of these promotions are limited to United States or North American residents.
Does SyberWorks share my information?
Other than as stated in this policy, SyberWorks does not disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your permission. Read the following sections to learn more.
Business Partners and Sponsors
SyberWorks may disclose your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but you will be notified beforehand and will be able to choose not to share your information. Many promotions give you the chance to request additional information from the sponsors. When you ask for more information, you give SyberWorks permission to send your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. Much of the time, only your e-mail address will be shared. You will be notified if more information will be shared, and you can choose not to share the information.
Third-party Data and Aggregate Data
SyberWorks discloses aggregated or anonymous statistics (for example, the percentage of users from the western U.S.) to prospective partners and advertisers and for other lawful purposes.
SyberWorks also may disclose your information where disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property rights, the users' rights, or others’ rights. In the same way, SyberWorks will disclose information when we reasonably believe disclosure is required by law or to comply with a legal process served on SyberWorks or its Web site. We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that we must act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of SyberWorks, its Web site, or the public.
Do I have a choice about how my information is gathered, used and distributed?
Yes. When you register with SyberWorks, you can choose to receive newsletters, information, and e-mails from SyberWorks and third parties. If you change your mind, you can simply update your account information on our Web site so that the information will not be sent. It's your choice.
Some of our promotions may request your e-mail address so that you can receive periodic updates about the status of the promotion. When you participate in these types of promotions, you will automatically receive promotion-related e-mail; however, you can choose the no-e-mail option that some promotions offer. Occasionally these promotion-related e-mail messages may include targeted advertisements.
You can make decisions about cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you decide to reject all cookies, you cannot participate in SyberWorks services that require registration to participate.
We will notify you any time we want to transfer the data we have collected or share it with a third party, and you always have the option to forbid the transfer.
What security measures does SyberWorks take to protect me?
Your SyberWorks account information and profile are password-protected so that you are the only one who has access to your personal information. You can edit your account information and profile by using your logon name and password. We recommend that you follow these guidelines to protect yourself:
- Do not tell anyone your password. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
- Do not respond to unsolicited e-mail by giving your password, even if the e-mail claims to be from us. SyberWorks will never ask you for your password in this way.
- When you are done using SyberWorks, sign out of your account and close your browser window.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we are committed to protecting your personal information, SyberWorks cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us (or from our online services) and you do so at your own risk.
How does SyberWorks protect your credit card and financial information?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your credit card and financial account information. We do not sell, trade, or rent your financial or credit card information. We do not make this information available to anyone without your permission. We may provide statistical data on our customers to advertisers, partners, vendors, and other reputable third parties, which is comprised of aggregate or anonymous data only, which does not contain any personally identifiable information. For example, we will not disclose that you purchased a specific product, but we might disclose statistics on how many customers have purchased a specific product. When you enter credit card information on our Web site, we transmit the information in encrypted format, using industry standard, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
What are cookies and how does SyberWorks use them?
- Locate your name and account information when you log in to your SyberWorks Training Center so that you can access your account information. When you log in, the cookie is set, and when you sign-out, the cookie is modified.
- Estimate the size of our audience. Each browser that accesses SyberWorks is given a unique cookie, which is used to calculate how many people return to our Web site, compare the number of registered and unregistered visitors to our site, and use customer interests and behavior to target our advertisements.
- Help SyberWorks partners track visits and complete business transactions. This information is sometimes called "clickstream" or "click trail."
- Measure the traffic to various areas of the SyberWorks Web site. We measure the areas of the network of Web sites you visit and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. This research helps us understand the ways in which our customers are alike and the ways in which they differ. We may use this information to personalize the information and design in our Web site.